Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dye Challenge

My cousin inadvertently gave me a challenge. She sent me a link to a professional dyer's page and asked if I could reproduce two colorways.

The short answer is: probably not.
The medium answer is: I've never tried.
The longer answer is: Let me Dye!

The orange/yellow/pink roving was dyed in a crockpot. The blue/green/purple was oven dyed.




Neither of them turned out like the photos I was sent....but they both look interesting to me! They both need to dry, and then they will find their way to my etsy shop (fibertwist.etsy.com).

1 comment:

Ritsumei said...

That orange is beautiful!! What would it cost me if I asked you to spin it up & send it to me? I still don't know how to spin. Though I did have a book out from the library on it recently. Unfortunately, all the book did was pass through my home. I have too many books I want to read and not enough hours to read them in.

Oh, and I replied to your comment about historical trivia. It made me think! Thanks!