Friday, January 16, 2009

Mermaids in Winter

A number of years ago I received some of Amy King's Falkland wool (mermaid colorway) to spin. It spun beautifully! I separated the roving into chunks of color and ended up with three small skeins of green, blue, and purple/green. They have sat in my stash for a long time.

Over the holidays I found a project for these little skeins (~100 yards each)--"Striped Fringe", a scarf, by Amanda Blair Brown in "The Best of Interweave Knits". I modified it, of course!, but the over all look is just fun! I ran out of my green yarn, but added in a pink 2-ply that had green in it. The scarf is for my 8 year old daughter and she was really excited about the idea of adding pink to the scarf!

Each stripe is 12 stitches wide. The knitting was done in seed stitch on US 5 needles.


The ends were woven (good old "over under, over under) to make the decorative front for this photo. :)

No comments: