Sunday, December 10, 2006

'Tis the Season

It's getting close to Christmas and little by little we are decorating the house and doing all the special Traditions that we've developed over the years.

This display is of interest, not because of the block pieces, but because the pieces look so good on my table runner! This runner was the first project woven on my loom.

The second piece, made from the same warp, resides on my husband's dresser. It's a looser weave that shows more of the warp colors.

This runner is tightly packed--pretty much weft faced. I didn't really like it, until just recently when I realized how nicely it's plainness shows off the colors of the nativity set, and how well it protects my end table against the extra bangs and scratches that come as my children stack the pieces up!

No comments: