Monday, May 11, 2009

Wool--Can there ever be too much?

This is my current spinning stack. My dyed roving aren't selling very well on etsy right now...and that's ok because I like most of the things I have dyed and am (ahem) dying for the chance to spin them. The brown tub is full, top to bottom of rovings. The lid (off to the left) is only 4 or 5 inches deep, but it is full too! As I was spinning the first roving today I was contemplating the most appropriate weave structure to use to highlight it's colors. :)




"Baa, Baa Babydoll sheep
Have you any wool?"
"Yes, friend. Yes, friend.
Five bags full."

Five feed bags of babydoll fleeces arrived at my house today. The first bag has already been opened, skirted, soaked, and scoured. It's drying on my patio as I type. I'm hoping that I can play with it some more tomorrow.

No comments: