Saturday, May 09, 2009
Handwoven Fabric in Cards
The young women at church are having a fund raiser auction to raise money for camp. I put together these two cards for them to auction.
The twill is a new fabric (just off the loom this week!), but the green I had to dig for--deep into the depths of my sample/scrap box. In fact I had to dig so deep I ended up cleaning my craft room!
The cards are tri-fold, with the window panel in the middle. The fabrics were sewn onto a cream colored piece of card stock, then glued with rubber cement to the frame of the window panel. I'm extremely biased, but I like how they look!
I also finished spinning my East Freisan roving that I got at The Fiber Event last month. It's soft and springy, and this photo doesn't do the deep, dark brown (with tiny reddish highlights) any justice!