Monday, March 24, 2008

Cable Socks


Hooray! My socks are finished! This pair was supposed to be a simple, mindless knitting project. Ha! Cables aren't mindless--not hard, mind you, just not mindless! And, of course, I modified the pattern to accommodate my handspun yarn. Modifications often aren't mindless!

Well, the good news is that these socks are soft and comfy and pleasantly stretchy. I think they will wear well for years to come!

The pattern: 3x3 cable with moss stitch, pg. 68 of "Sensational Knitted Socks" by Charlene Schurch. The yarn: hand-dyed, handspun cotswold wool. 2-ply. (~lace weight)
The modifications: increase two of the moss stitch sections from 5 to 7 stitches. (In retrospect I'm not sure this was necessary. It seemed important at the time--especially since my last pair of handspun socks are tight on me.)

1 comment:

Ritsumei said...

They look cozy! I'm just over 1/2 finished with the shawl that I started, and starting to think about what I'm going to do next. Something that uses purls, as I need to learn to do that if I'm going to learn to do socks.

When I grow up I want to be like Jessica! ;P