Thursday, April 30, 2009

More Bits and Pieces

I've chosen the weft for my multi-colored warp. It's a fine, pale green, 2-ply on an unknown fiber. It is most likely a polyester or rayon or some blend, but it's care should be similar to the rayon warp.

The variegated single in the warp has caused a few problems. There are spaces where the single is thicker and less tightly spun than the rest of the yarn. The tension of the warp and the abrasion of the reed has lead to multiple repairs.

So far, I'm pleased with the weight of the fabric. My goal is to end up with something light and drapeable. If it works (and the fabric gets used for it's intended purpose), I'll let you know. Until then, mum's the word 'cause the final product may be a gift!




















Here is a second pair of worsted weight bed socks. The dark purple (and late evening light) makes it hard to capture the ripple stitch that I used, but they are done. Two pairs down and two to go. Unfortunately the last pair may take a while. My son saw a roving in my stash that he liked and so I need to do some spinning before I can knit that pair!

No comments: