Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Skeletons

One of my birthday presents was the book:

A Weaver's Book of 8-Shaft Patterns: From the Friends of Handwoven

It has pages of neat patterns that can be woven using a rosepath twill threading...I think there are about 40 cute, pretty, interesting patterns.

The loom is warped. The weaving has begun. But there were challenges!

The tie-up for this pattern required 40+ connections to the shafts. The book includes instructions on how to create and use a skeleton tie-up... I made the mistake of staying up late (and going cross-eyed in the process!) to create my tie-up.


I had high hopes of trying at least half of the 40 patterns, but I'm not excited about creating all the skeleton tie-ups! Ah, well! As a good friend says, "There is no such thing as a free lunch." Time to get to work creating skeletons!

No comments: