Saturday, October 10, 2009

Feast of the Hunters' Moon 2009

Here I am in my "Feast" costume. The Feast of the Hunters' Moon celebrates the fall trading periods of the 1700's in this part of Indiana. My weaving guild has had a booth at the Feast for over twenty years.

This was my third year participating. I have typically demonstrated weaving on the guild's loom--weaving and talking to those who stop to see what we are doing. Last year I wove all morning and into the afternoon before I had to stop to get to another meeting.

This year I wove and wove, and talked and talked....I love being at the loom and talking to people! We had a range of interest--everything from the guy who wanted to see how the heddles were attached to this loom (because he is refinishing one), to the gal who is opening her own fibercraft business, to those who were hoping to take their first weaving lessons soon, to those who knew nothing about the craft!

At some point I realized that I really ought to give up the loom and go home. I didn't want to leave, but I had stayed much longer than originally planned. One of the other gals was walking towards the bus line, so I packed up my things and headed off with her. If it weren't for her, I might still be weaving at the Feast!

Many, many thanks to the hardworking guild members who make it possible for us to participate in the Feast. It's work, and stress (especially with all the rain on Thursday & Friday!), but it turned out so well!

No comments: