Monday, June 15, 2009

If at first you don't succeed...

Try, try again!
I got this cool sweatshirt as a Christmas gift. It says, "If you aren't a part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate." Yes, I'm still a chem-geek at heart!
But, the sweatshirt was a man's cut--long in the torso, with a narrow waist at the bottom--and that just doesn't work well with my curvy hips! So, off to the sewing machine I went. Off came the excess length in the torso. Off came the 4" of sleeve (that covered my hands!). Off came the neck band (just to make it all match).

I used knit ribbing to cover the cut edges. I like the overall effect, but my skills at applying ribbing can use improvement! I may try washing the sweatshirt before I try again--just to see if the ribbing smooths out any.




The next project for the week is a sweater make-over. A friend gave me this black cardigan. It originally had a "dead skunk" faux fur collar. Not my style! I used some fine black yarn and made an I-cord long enough to go around the neck. I machine stitched around the neck, cut the offending collar off, and hand stitched the I-cord in place. Voila! A 'new', simple cardigan for me to wear! :)

No comments: