Sunday, October 14, 2007

Odds and Ends

My four year old pulled this book off the library shelf and said we needed to take it home. Who was I to argue--it looked interesting! The polymer clay caricatures in the book are amazing--so detailed, so life-like.
















"Gollum" here is made with yellow & white Sculpey III polymer clay. It was the end of an old stash of polymer clay. I spent a pleasant hour at the kitchen table playing with him while the kids played and did homework. An extra half hour or so, and he was as done as he was going to get!

I learned lots of things about the human head by working on this guy--for instance, did you know how deep the eyes are set in the head? (I obviously didn't!)

After making this head, I had to purchase more clay--And it's a good thing I did too! My mother was visiting over the weekend and read the book and made her own head to take home with her! Her head even has a beret! Too Cool!





Curtains are almost finished! Do you recognize this fabric? I finally dug out my sewing machine and got these up on rods. All three sets need hemming, but I wanted to get them up before I tried to hem them!
















And here is the "next" project (at least the next one I've photographed!) This is a wool quilt batt in muslin. I am tying the layers together with cotton yarn and will make a duvet cover for my four year old's bed.

No comments: