Monday, February 19, 2007
Project Let Down
Have you ever finished a project only to be a little bit disappointed in the final product? This color gamp shawl did exactly what it was supposed to do--it gave me the opportunity to play with color in the warp and weft. And it looks....well....like a table runner, or a carpet. My warp stripes are completely overshadowed by my weft colors!
So, back to the drawing board. Things I learned in this project (in no particular order):
1) warp stripes are easily overshadowed by weft colors
2) 30" is an ok width to weave.
3) 60+ inches of length is ok, but I wound a lot of bobbins!
4) Braided fringe is nice for showing off color and keeping warp ends from getting tangled.
5) Twill patterns are cool! (They look so neat up close!)